Harlow Stroke Support Group
Charity Number 1099071
GPCA, Abercrombie Way, Harlow, Essex. CM18 6YJ.
Tel: 01279 308313
Scroll Down The Page Scroll Down The Page
Welcome to the Harlow Stroke Support Group Website, we hope the information you find here is useful.
We offer non-medical support, information and advice in a friendly environment to people who have survived a Stroke, their family and carers. We currently have about 280 members and 13 volunteers.
Our services include:
● Information on Strokes and how they affect people
● Help in understanding the disabilities that may arise after a Stroke
● Help with referral to other agencies
● Assistance with applications for pension credits or other benefits
● Guidance in form filling and dealing with outside organisations
● Support for families and carers
● Regular social events and outings
Harlow Stroke Support Group was formed in 1996 as a telephone support line, but since then we have grown and we are now offering vital services to stroke survivors and their families thorough sessions held as the Great Parndon Community Association in Abercrombie Way, Harlow, CM18 6YJ.
We offer four groups for members and their families. On Wednesday we run a chair based exercise class from 2pm to 4pm Sessions for people with communications, including speech difficulties takes place between 10am and 12:00 on Thursdays while a social group for all members is held between 10am and 12:30 and 1pm to 3pm on Fridays. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Harlow Stroke Support Group's Committee meets once a month.